Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Dark circles damage your appearance more than they affect your health. They make a person look jaded, tired and makes you look a few years older. For most men baggy eyes may just be a genetic trait they have acquired but that is rare. Usually, baggy eyes are caused by a lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet.
Drink Lots of Water:-
The simplest way you can get rid of your dark circles is by simply staying hydrated more often. The reason behind this is that the area behind your skin under your eyes contains very delicate tissues that act as traps for salts and other compounds. These traps collect to form circles and bags underneath your eyes. If hydrated, these circles or bags become very puffy and give a more inflated look.
Some Other Tips May Include:-
- Cut down on alcohol
- Drink at-least a gallon of water daily
- Stop drinking sodas
Apply Almond Oil:-
Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that helps dissolve the darkness from under your eyes. In addition to almond oil, you can use Vitamin E oil to help aid the almond oil.
How to use:
- Apply before going to bed
- Leave overnight
- Wash off in the morning with cold water
- Follow this daily till dark circles start to fade
Raw potatoes might seem like a surprise entry on this list but it is quite the effective tool. Potatoes are present with natural bleaching agents that can help lighten the dark circles and reduce the puffiness.
- Grate a few potatoes and extract the juice
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and rub over closed eyes
- Allow the juice to sit for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with clean water after
- Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks
if raw potatoes weren’t strange enough, tea bags join the list. Tea bags are present with caffeine and antioxidants that can be used to remove the puffiness from the eyes. It shrinks the blood vessels and hence reduces fluid retention in that area. The tannins help decrease any swellings and bring back a more natural color.
How to use:
- Chill 2 used tea bags for half an hour
- Place each tea bag over both eyes and leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Remove tea bags and wash face
- Repeat daily for a week
Some additional tips you can use to reduce the puffiness in your eyes are:
- Get lots of sleep
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much
- Limit sun exposure
- Pay attention to your diet
- Cut down on smoking
- Stop consuming too much alcohol
To conclude, dark circles are bad for the appearance but luckily there are a number of methods that can be used to aid it. Drink lots of water and cut out any unhealthy habits and you will be able to reduce the puffiness from your eyes very quickly.