A healthy and balanced diet is what allows the body to function optimally. To achieve this, it is essential that it be based on foods that enhance the proper functioning of the body and prevent food-related diseases, such as obesity or cardiovascular problems. For this reason, experts recommend that diet is part of a healthy lifestyle, are rich in foods of plant origin and fiber and, on the other hand, be low in animal fat, in sweets and high-calorie products. This article reviews the main characteristics of a healthy diet and presents specific suggestions for breakfast and dinner. If you are confused what to eat to lose weight then we will discuss that what to eat to lose weight?
What should a healthy diet contain?
In order for the diet to be balanced, it must contain at least two servings of vegetable daily, one in the meal and one in the dinner; from 2 to 3 pieces or servings of fruit a day; of 2 to 3 servings of food protein a day (meat, fish and eggs, low fat preferred), grains or starches rich in fiber , such as pasta, rice or wholemeal bread or vegetables; And avoid foods such as sugar , sweets such as jams rich in sugar, sugary drinks, industrial bakery and pastry and pre-cooked food.
Another aspect recommended by the experts is to distribute food intake throughout the day and therefore make 5-6 meals a day: breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, snack, dinner and after dinner after dinner. This favours self-intake and anxiety and also distributes calorie intake throughout the day.
Can skipping meals help you lose weight?
There is no study that shows that skipping a meal can help you lose weight. Although the basis of any low-calorie diet for weight control is to reduce caloric intake, it is not recommended to skip meals to get it. Experts recommend not skipping meals and distributing well throughout the day, as this can help us control hunger and anxiety. Skipping meals can help us to be hungry before the next and, consequently, we end up snacking and eating some food not recommended. For example, no dinner can make the next morning have a great appetite or not snack can make us very hungry before dinner; and so we will end up biting something before dinner or having much more breakfast than usual the next morning.
Does eating only fruit or cereals with milk help to lose weight?
Dinner is the last meal of the day and should not be a copious and plentiful meal, especially if we are going to lie down immediately after it. The caloric control of the dinner is important if we want to lose weight. However, substituting dinner for a particular food – such as fruit or milk with cereals – can contribute to the imbalance of the diet and even to an excessive amount of calories in it.
To Get an idea: a bowl of fruit with a banana, 200 g of grape and two experts can contain about 400 kcal, the same as could have a green salad with a hard egg. The same thing can happen if we replace dinner with a bowl of milk and cereal. If we control the quantities well, a cup of semi-skimmed milk with 30 g of cereal provides about 200 kcal, but if we replace the cup with a large bowl, the caloric intake can be around 400-500 kcal; So that we will be eating the same, or even more, than if we made a balanced dinner.
In addition, replacing the balanced meal with these foods may decrease the intake of vegetables and fruit (in the case of cereals) and therefore the consumption of dietary fiber, which could increase the risk of constipation. It can also cause a reduction in protein intake, a very important fact in patients at risk of malnutrition or in people with decreased muscle mass. So, skipping meals or unbalancing the diet does not help you lose weight or lead a healthier diet.
What to eat to lose weight?
The food has many benefits for your body because beyond being healthy, it helps to strengthen your immune system and fill you with energy; but, best of all, there is food to lose weight that will make you look spectacular. The fact is that the diet foods increase your metabolism, so your body will burn calories more easily and avoid the overweight.
Below are 10 examples of these:
- Kiwi: This fruit contains 84 milligrams of vitamin C, more than the recommended daily allowance. Vitamin C helps to form carnitine, a compound that transports fat into the cellular mitochondria, where it is burned for energy during exercise.
- Potatoes: They contain starches that help the body to burn fat, and increase the production of the peptide hormone, which is responsible for sending the message of satiety to the brain.
- Soybeans: Soybeans substitute 17 grams of protein per cup and your body burns more calories when digesting it.
- Olive oil: The fats monounsaturated fats found in this food diet could potentially turn on genes related to burn fat and storage.
- Lentils: These legumes are rich in starch resistant, a carbohydrate that could promote fat burning and shrink fat cells.
- Eggs: Eggs are loaded with choline, a compound that helps block fat absorption.
- Quinoa: It has the essential amino acids that are necessary to build muscles that accelerate the metabolism.
- Salmon: Omega-3 fatty acids help you burn fat faster. These alter the expression of certain genes, making your body burn fat instead of storing it.
- Yogurt: This slimming food contains 20% or more of the daily dose of calcium, which slows the production of cortisol, a hormone that promotes fat accumulation in the abdomen.
- Apples: The four to five grams of fiber that contains this fruit not only supply but help to eliminate some of the calories and fat you eat from other foods.
Regardless of these foods to lose weight, you can follow the best advice that ensures to improve your metabolism that you must do five meals a day, avoid fast exercise and sleep well. Remember that your breakfast should have carbohydrates and protein and you should eat them an hour after you wake up. And you, do you already consume any of these foods to lose weight?